Saturday, November 20, 2004

Trip to Calcutta

hey...
Just got back from calcutta last night. Had gone their for Sumedha's engagement. Sum( Thats what we call her) is one of my closest school freinds. Lemme tell you about my gang from school. I went to an all girls convent school and our group consisted of five of us.Geetika( who is also my best friend studying at michigan right now), Nisha( who went to MIT, Boston and is now working in New York), Ridhima( who got married to Hans this january), Sumedha and of course the great old me!!
We five have lived our school times with each other and are still pretty much close.
So Sum has decided to marry Abhi( who she met at LSE).
Man, the minute our flight landed at the Calcutta airport( which looks like the bombay central railway station) I just kept on thanking god that my posting was shifted from IBM Cal to bangalore and finally Delhi. If I had to work in that city I would have surely left this job.
We were traveling with Sumedha's family and all the chacha's, mausi's , nani , dadi etc...Most of them are Punjabi's and very jovial and fun loving.So it was a like this big hungama party!!
Abhi is like a millionaire and so we got 7 star treatment throughout. W e were put up at the Hyatt( I loved my bathroom which was bigger than my room)..
Neways I wonder who says that bengal is famour for it's famines, coz all we did was eat, eat and eat. And the most awesome food.I had decided to wear a red sari on the night of the engagement( and I am not all that great at carrying one)..So it took Ridhima like 2 hrs to make me wear it , only to the effect of it opening up in the middle of the function!!!and then we rushed like mad to the rest room along with the auntie who was standing closest to us..
There were no cute guys around..only the marwari men...with their big bellies and paan stained teeth and probably loads of money..but no thank you...
After the function we decided to go clubbing and went to 'tantra'. I actually liked that place ( reminded me of some of the clubs in Pune).Had my regular breezer and a dose of the calcutta cool crowd..
Back home now..Its a lazy day..it's a holiday ..I love this season in Delhi..Its not too hot nor too chilly..The air has a slight nip and the afternoon sun just wants to make you curl up in bed with a book..
Made lots of new friends during this trip and also revived some old connections!!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Great...now you can take half the time you write this long ass blog...to write back :)

Requiem for a Dream said...

Hey miss bored,whats your fav book,movie and music,i am interested....:-(